Sunday, March 30, 2008

The final links in the podcast chain

Here is the best help I found in terms of getting things set up on the blog.

Here are two excellent, free media storage sites: ourmedia.org and mediamax.com.

And here are some narrative examples:

This is a wonderful site (Immigration Tales) that, I think, exemplifies the promise of what the internet could be/is/will be. It hasn't been updated in a while, but it has immigrants relating stories from home or experiences as immigrants.

Perhaps not an "excellent" example of an "engaging, successful narrative," this is too crazy to not include. Rolemonkeys is a group of role playing gamers who podcast some of their campaigns, such as this one--a D&D campaign. Incredible that people listen to other people (not even watch, but listen) play a role playing game. It's pretty cool and speaks to how the internet can so easily serve all the disparate niche groups in the world. Maybe only handful of people in your town like what you like, but on the internet there are thousands of people like you. I listened for almost a half an hour!

Okay, so I'm a sucker for NASA. I don't follow space exploration like I did when I was a kid, but the science.nasa.gov site has podcasts that explain, in a narrative way--the story of the exploration and collection of data. Geek out!

No comments: